mike wilson wrote:

On 03/04/2011 23:52, Ken Waller wrote:

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "mike wilson" <m.9.wil...@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: Choosing long telephoto lens

On 03/04/2011 11:32, Jens wrote:

Hi list
Opinions wanted.
I have been wanting a long telphoto lens for some time. For
supplementing my FA 2.8 80-200mm.

Thats good news but you should be prepared for the extra bulk and weight
of it over say a 300 f4.5FA. I haven't shot with the Tamron but it is
defimitely not as hand-holdable as the 4.5.

I would argue that there isn't a 300mm made that is hand holdable, if you want to take decent pictures.

I took this hand held ... with the DA 55-300... the 55-300 is very light weight ...
http://annsan.smugmug.com/Works-in-Print/Works-In-Progress/More-Critters/15842756_6QmYN/1/1187950299_FDCdG/Large

I think it passes muster or, as I said as a child (pass the mustard)

ann