From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Ralf R.
Radermacher
Sent: Tuesday, 5 April 2011 5:03 AM
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: More Pentax quality grief

The OK button of my, or rather Michael's, K10D has stopped working. Just got
the cost
estimate for the repair: 310,45 euros!

My DS gave up after 4 years (rear thumbwheel erratic, repair too expensive),
the K10D, 4
1/2 years old, is now beyond economical repair, my K-7 had been exchanged by
the dealer
and #2 needed a new trigger button after less than a year, and I'm at my 4th
K-5 and
counting...

Is this just a strain of bad luck or is Pentax' quality really going down the
drain? Or is
an average economic lifetime of a mere 4 1/2 years for a DSLR a normal thing
nowadays?

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog   : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com

the
directions.