It sort of depends what you are wanting to shoot. Do you need infinity
focus? Do you need a wide angle view? It is hard to have it all
without buying a tilt-shift lens that was made for your mount.

I'm no expert on this, but learned a bit when creating this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelsmithy/sets/72157606681839809/

The main thing working against me on this was the prism/pentamirror
overhang on my K200D. You wouldn't need as big an adapter on the back
if you wanted to use my contraption with a film SLR and so might still
be able to get infinity focus. But it is still going to be a 90mm
focal length lens.

My idea was to take the rise and swing built into the old folder and
put it to use on a DSLR.
The problem is that if your lens is farther away from the film plane
(sensor) than designed, you will lose infinity focus. (But it will
work for stuff closer).
Larger format lenses have larger flange to film distances, so will
definitely work better - but the problem is that they will be longer
focal length than what you probably wanted. You'll notice that most
tilt shift lenses are on wide angle lenses for the format. Here the
1.5x crop factor of APS-C DSLRs is also working against you.

So, the best solution would be to have a tilt/shift adapter that
worked with your camera and the widest angle 645 lens you can find.
For example: the Pentax 645 35mm f/3.5

A SMC K Shift lens (28mm f3.5) recently sold for a bit north of $600
including shipping:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pentax-K-SMC-Shift-28mm-f-3-5-Lens-MINT-/360356155270?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item53e6e68f86#ht_4668wt_1139