On Apr 27, 2011, at 11:22 AM, Larry Colen wrote:

> I much prefer biking to running for the aforementioned reasons.  The current
> thinking is to use minimal shoes, like the vibram 5-finger shoes because that
> trains you to not pound so hard on your heels, and reduces injury to the rest
> of your leg.

I'm starting to think about shoes like that, more for the lower heels that make
you land further forward on the foot.  Mainly because one of my heels has been
sore lately and running down a 10% gradient on tarseal will not be helping.

I've just entered another half marathon, a repeat of one I did last year.  I'm
hoping for wind, rain, hail and snow this time :)

Dave