On 9 July 2011 13:12, Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Miserere, either you have a glass ball of prophecy, or you know something
> we, mere humans, don't, or may be you're somewhat depressed. Your few last
> posts on the subject of this and the Pentax/Ricoh merger are a bit
> concerning.
>
> If I were close to you, I would have invited you over here for a glass of
> good white brandy that I have in stock. You ought to loosen/lighten up
> some...
>
> Boris

I appreciate your concern, Boris. I don't drink Brandy (or scotch, or
port, or...) but I do enjoy a good beer, which I'm sure you could also
provide, and I'd be happy to consume with you while we chat about the
merits of f/1.2 lenses on a cropped sensor  :-)

I don't have a crystal ball, just the experience of these past 4 years
spent looking at the camera market and reading what the various camera
brands put out in official memos and interviews. I've come to the
conclusion that camera makers are not interested in providing us the
camera we want, but rather an average camera than an average consumer
will buy. You know how a Formula 1 car never travels at the average
speed clocked during a race? I find cameras are the same: There is no
average customer that an average camera is going to be really happy,
instead each customer has to bend over and twist themselves to adapt
to shooting with an average camera. This state of affairs annoys me to
no end.

I'll leave it at that.

   —M.

    \/\/o/\/\ --> http://WorldOfMiserere.com