From: Ann Sanfedele
On 7/10/2011 14:55, steve harley wrote:
On 2011-07-10 11:23 , Ann Sanfedele wrote:
The other is for opinions on the 35-80 zoom for use on my ist D - I know
I can check that myself just using it - but more input would be nice
too. In
other words, I might sell it if it is desireable but not super
great... is it
better than my 18-55 kit lens at comperable focal lengths?
you can get a good sense of it here (showing the whole list so you can
see how the score compares)

<http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/category-SMC-Pentax-A-Zoom-Lenses.html>

only two disparate reviews, but the clincher for me is that it is the
same optical design as the widely-disparaged F 35-80, of which:

<http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-F-35-80mm-F4-5.6-Zoom-Lens.html>

(a small minority really like it though)
So i saw on Stans page that pj pointed me too..

ann

I think the 35-80A lens was sold as a kit lens for the last of Pentax's manual focus cameras - ZX-M(?).

According to the K-Mount Page, it looks like the A and the F had the same internal arrangement.

-----
No virus found in this message.