On 11-09-08 2:47 PM, P. J. Alling wrote:
Yes I know the Ds is hopelessly outdated, but I've been using it as my backup/carry anywhere camera, and until recently it was serving admirably. Now however it's acquired a new annoying behavior, to wit, after loading a new set of lithium batteries it will totally drain them, in less than a week, even when turned off. Now my *ist D has always been a battery hog, but the Ds now even seems to beat that. I have now idea what might be wrong but I was wondering if anyone else had a clue. Needless to say it's not worth getting it repaired, a good used one from KEH is going for less than the repair bill would be.

Are you absolutely certain the lithiums are good? All the cells? One weak one will make the whole set appear weak after little use.

-bmw