On 19 April 2012 19:31, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The only real downside in purchasing a Samsung digital camera is that
> it would, no doubt, contain a Samsung sensor.

Darren,

The new Samsung sensor (already found in the NX200) is much better
than the old one. It's not at the level of Sony's 16MP pixie dust CMOS
(as found on the K-5), but it's not that far behind. I always felt the
two main things let down the NX10 were the sensor (at high ISOs) and
its small buffer. The sensor has now been improved and I'm hoping the
buffer has too, seeing as they're listing an 8 fps rate. It appears
the EVF is also better, and the camera now has a swivel rear AMOLED.
WiFi is a great addition (and not a gimmick in my view). Though not
highlighted much, the NX20 now has a 2nd contol wheel on the back, in
the Canon style of rotating dial around the 4-way controller:

http://1.s.img-dpreview.com/files/articles/4755461255/NX20back.jpg?v=1474

I'm hoping that the video REC buttom can be customised to AF; that
alone could convince me to buy it.

Price (with new kit lens) is $1,100. I hope they also offer a
body-only for $1,000 (or less!), which is what I'd want to buy.

For those interested in comparing the new sensor with their eyes (not
with DxO numbers), here it is on DPR:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/samsungnx200/18

I suggest choosing the NX10, K-5 and Sony NEX-7 as the comparison
cameras and looking at the RAW files.

For those wondering why Samsung shouldn't be dismissed, consider their
prime lens line-up:

 - 16mm f/2.4 pancake
 - 20mm f/2.8 pancake
 - 30mm f/2 pancake
 - 55mm f/1.8 (pancake? to be released this year)
 - 60mm f/2.8 macro
 - 85mm f/1.4

And no, I am not paid by Samsung, nor have they loaned/gifted me any
equipment. I bought an NX10 + 30mm f/2 last September and have been
shooting with it exclusively since then. My K10D + 31 Ltd remain
untouched on the shelf.

Anyody want to buy a K10D...?

Cheers,

   —M.