On 4/20/2012 4:19 PM, steve harley wrote:
on 2012-04-20 8:00 Walt Gilbert wrote
Well, all I can say is that I'm utterly crestfallen today. Seems I dropped my K-x with the A 50/1.7 -- leaving the lens inoperable and irreparable. This is
the last shot that will ever be taken with it.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/6950076942/

i know it's a blow to you, but that story adds to an already interesting photograph; be patient and another A 50/1.7 (or a new favorite) will emerge

Thanks, Steve.

I know it's overwrought and sappy sentimentalism, but I just felt confidence using that lens that I never got out of any other. Thankfully, John Francis has kindly offered me the use of his until I can get my own replacement. That certainly salves the wound a great deal.

-- Walt