On Jun 10, 2012, at 12:28 PM, Bob W wrote:

>> I should know as I am an alumni of the University of
>> Cambridge.
>
> But not a Latin scholar, obviously...

Drives me nuts when I see that on window decals and bumper stickers. It appears
English usage has evolved beyond the Latin in this instance. The beauty of the
English language?

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"Everywhere the crisis of the private financial system
has been transformed into a tale of slovenly and overweening government
that perpetuates and is perpetuated by a dependent and demanding population."

- Marilynne Robinson