A friend and I went to see a couple of bands at a local club last night.  I
managed to get a few decent photos.

The lighting was a bit challenging.  In this shot, rather than trying to bring
it under control, I went the other way and used lightroom's clarity, vibrance
etc. to push it right over the top:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/7391897310

For them that are interested, here's the rest of the set:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157630171300160/

On some of them I tried to tame the lighting in lightroom, in others I went
with it, though not so radically as above.

Comments, and helpful suggestions, as always, are appreciated.

I notice that I was having a fair amount of difficulty with flare on the A*200,
even when stage lights weren't in the field of view.  I may need to make
something like a lens cap for the sunshade, that has a rectangle cut out to
block anything not in the field of view.