From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Bruce
Walker
Sent: Monday, 18 June 2012 9:45 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Question About *ist D

Not a given at all, John.

>From all I've read folks generally expect JPEG shots to be basically cooked
>and ready to serve. A smaller percentage of JPEG shooters will crop and maybe
>do some basic exposure tweaks, but the majority of JPEG adherents expect the
>camera to have done everything, like sharpening and saturation.

If you shoot assuming that the shot will need further processing you are doing
yourself a disservice by shooting JPEG and you should be using RAW. Otherwise
you are not only trying to undo what the camera has already done to the image,
but you will have thrown away precious dynamic range too.

--
-bmw