On Jul 29, 2012, at 17:21 , Anthony Farr wrote:

> Our round ball footballers play soccer, but I have to concede
> that soccer, more than any other code of football, has the precedence
> of popularity to claim the name "Football".

True dat.

In our version played in the USA, any part of the player can touch the
'pigskin' as it was once called. It is carried in the hands, thrown with the
hands, caught with the hands. Kicking just get's the game rolling, or when any
of the above do not provide a team with the desired result.

In the game of 'Football' as played elsewhere, action is confined to the foot
and bean. Your other appendages are only used for pushing, tripping, and
blacking the eyes of opponents.

Ice Hockey has become a gang war with some bit of attention played to the
scoring of goals with their oversized Field Hockey sticks.

People who play Field Hockey grow up to play field Polo if they can afford a
good horse.

Water Polo is like Ice Hockey, but you can't see what a players hands and feet
are doing under the frothy water. And they throw a little ball around when
someone can find it.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

There is no off position to the genius switch.
Genius can, however, be observed as insanity.