I am also annoyed by the recent trend of a bunch of different programs
trying to sneak in McAffee AV.
However, to be fair, while I am not using many Apple products, what I've
used so far was not completely "soft and cuddly".

I don't remember how it was most recently, but previously,
QuickTime was annoyingly asking you every time if you wanted to install
a "Pro" version or something... and it was also insisting on starting
a part of itself upon computer booting.

I was also startled by the fact that in order to start a brand new iPad
(I only needed to make sure it was working),
one has to install Apple junkware (aka iTunes) on a PC!
(I don't like installing on my computer anything that I don't need.)

Igor