Hi Boris,
I wonder why you want the older one.
I have the older one. I am happy with it, but last week in the theatre, I had to switch it to manual focus because of the screwdriver noise. The HSM version would have been silent I guess.
At the other hand: I try to avoid HSM lenses for reliability reasons.
What are your arguments for wanting screwdriver and not HSM?
greetz, Jos