Thanks for the tips, Joe.

I guess I just haven't hit a good groove for working with the
monopod... I tend to want more  mobility.  Or, I haven't figured out
how to adjust it right... on several occasions, I found myself either
fighting with the camera mid-shot to adjust the height/angle for a
moving subject, or shooting without really using the monopod, but
letting it dangle & dragging it around.  I'm pretty sure that's not
right... lol.

:)
-c