From: William Robb
On 10/12/2012 3:38 PM, Bruce Walker wrote:
But he was mostly designing the outsides. I'm sure he had very little
to do with the internals. Lots of people design cars who couldn't even
tune an engine.

I think it's more critical that he was allowed to design a camera but
he probably hasn't used one professionally, else he'd have understood
the importance of a viewfinder of some sort (optical or electronic).

I read something just after the K-01 had been released, where Newson was
saying he had never used an SLR camera before designing the thing. I've
handled one briefly, and it shows that he has never handled a, SLR
camera before...
Even his chairs are ugly and pretentious.

None of his chairs looked like they'd be comfortable to sit in.

I did a Google Image search for Marc Newson, and the K-01 looks like it's probably the most useable & attractive item he's designed. I don't really care what the K-01 looks like, but even with bifocals, my arms just aren't long enough or steady enough to use the little TV screen on the back for focusing.

He's done some "transportation" stuff that LOOKED Ok - rockets & jet planes, although the little car is kind of ugly. I think the little car might be drivable, but the rockets ain't never going to fly.

I wasn't impressed with his shoes or clothes designs either, but I'm not a chav, so I may be missing something.