On 22/02/2013 12:10 PM, Walt wrote:
On 2/21/2013 7:51 PM, Bill wrote:
On 20/02/2013 8:18 PM, Walt wrote:
On 2/20/2013 8:15 PM, Bill wrote:
OK, so I got that out of the way.
I just bought my wife a new laptop, which unfortunately came with Win 8 installed. To say it licks donkey balls is being both kind to it, and unkind to donkey balls lickers, who are not so bad when compared to Windows 8. It is a crap spewing, drowning us in chunky wet vomit, puerile, golden shower of an operating system. I just cannot say enough bad about Windows 8 to get my point across about just what an abomination it is, and those of you who have been on this list for more than a bakers dozen years are well aware of just how much bad stuff I can say about things that annoy me.
I must get rid of it, and soon.

Help me.

bill

Untold millions share your pain. FWIW, here's what I did for the new desktop at work:

http://www.classicshell.net

Yup, that helped. Actually gives it the best of both worlds. Has the Win XP look and usability with all the progressive features of Win 8.
Wife happy. Happy wife, happy life. I'm happy.
Thanks Walt.

bill

Glad to help.

Here's a long (23 minutes) video review with a litany of all that's wrong with it -- so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTYet-qf1jo

-- Walt

Yeah. That's pretty much it.
bill