Ok. Based on the feedback I've received, I've managed to make it work:
    * the previously cited articles are correct, and they work on the
K-30; thus based on the schema below, to focus connect A and B, and
for trigger both A, B and C together (only B and C doesn't work);
      http://www.photosig.com/articles/1088/CS-205-schema.gif
    * for the focus to work it must be enabled in the custom functions
menu (search for the entry with "remote control" in the name);

    Ciprian.