That (pedestrian) is my attitude too. All three of these shots were
shot "off the hip": manually zone focused, wide-ish 24mm, 1/1000th
sec, 1600 ISO. With the strap around my neck supporting it, I operate
the camera with my right hand, but I never look at it. I look at my
surroundings and occasionally make eye contact with the people around.
Very few seem to notice that I'm carrying a camera, and none seem to
notice I'm using it.

Gradually my keeper rate is improving, but it's pretty low. :-)

Thank you, Frank!

--
-bmw