Well it was the drive, I plugged it into an external power supply and it doesn't spin up. The electronics are still recognized so it seems it motor was failing. I have a second near identical drive that has a live copy of my previous OS on it, that I was keeping, just in case, that I don't really need, as it's redundant, that I put into the enclosure to test it, and it seems to work fine.