One of the nicest things about the 500 f4.5 was that it had a notch and peg style sight on it which made it very easy to frame up subjects.

On 7/17/2013 11:55 PM, Zos Xavius wrote:
Oh those are quite lovely. I find that CA can be pretty fixable. At
least purple fringing. Bad cyan fringing is hard to deal with though.
I thought it was a given that pretty much any old long telephoto is
going to exhibit fringing and that stopping down generally helps. Good
to know about the A400 5.6. I may have heard that already somewhere...

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Paul Stenquist