Hello PDML:

Well, I sent in my FA 50mm f1.4 & my DA* 50-135mm f2.8 in to CRIS.  The FA
returned pretty quick--just got it an hour ago, and looks to be ok.  Here are
two quickie test shots.  Metadata is above the photo.

http://www.caguila.com/darreltest/index.html

I'm getting a replacement motor for the DA*.  I purchased the lens 4th quarter
of 2007, and this is the first repair I've had on the lens--so that makes
nearly a 6 year run with absolutely no hiccups until this recent service.  Not
too bad I guess.

Curious thing about the replacement motor though.  The service guy at CRIS said
they had to order the part, which seem well curious to me.  Isn't replacing the
motor a common repair?  Wouldn't they have motors on hand?

Anyway, the DA* repair takes about two-four weeks.  I got the FA 50mm back 10
days after I called to give go-ahead on repairs after getting estimate via
email.

Well, so far, so good.  Keep your fingers crossed for the DA*.

Cheers, Christine

P.S.  Still keeping up with PAW but the last three shots are so boring I
decided to spare the list the pain.  :-)