Thanks Darren! I've taken your suggestion and added it to the pile,
along with David's and Steve's:
http://www.jacelio.com/special/PDML-icon-idea-03.png
I included a version that took a notch out of the angular P to make it
look less like the original A (A2).

David, the backwards P just ends up looking like a 9 (C2). Steve,
extending the descender makes it look like a giant e (A3).

Ann, like I said, this was just for fun. It was a brainstorm while I
was working on something else. No one asked for a new logo, and I'm
not about to attempt a coup. I just thought it'd be a fun exercise.

John