They'd press the shutter and by the time it tookt he picture, it was long gone.

EVF issue ?

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Colen" <l...@red4est.com>
Subject: Pentax sightings

I had the pleasant surprise of having the weekend off.
This afternoon I was at an event in SF called Lindy in the Park and noticed
a fellow with a K20 around his neck.  I wandered over and observed that if
had a K-5, he wouldn't need to use his cell phone to video the dancers.
A while later, I saw one of the dancers chatting with a woman who had a
bright yellow K-01 with her.  I had never seen one in person, so I had to
go and take a look.

Yes, they look just as dorky in person as they do in the photos.  I got to
hold it though and it feels solid.  Amazingly solid.  The display was
astonishingly visible in broad daylight.
She said they bought it because they have a small child, and their point
and shoot just couldn't get photos.  They'd press the shutter and by the
time it tookt he picture, it was long gone.  They got the K-01 because it
was reasonably priced and because it had much better picture quality than
their old camera.

She needs something that she can just point and click, and pictures will
come out reasonably well, and she is very happy with the camera on that
regard.  It is weird to think in terms of a better point and shoot, but
that is what they needed, and that is what they got.

--
Larry Colen l...@red4est.com http://red4est.com/lrc