Frank,

If you want me to read this without giggling you have to get rid of the sig.

And, to be serious, you can objectify people without having them
remove their clothes.  I find the objectification of non-nude people
(starving hordes, minorities, fat, thin, old, etc.) to be much more
offensive than the potential for the same from pictures of an
informedly consenting naked person showing us what they look like.  As
a biologist and member of the species, I am constantly enthralled at
the multitudinous forms the human corpus can take.

You say that being photographed nude "shows them as primarily sexual
persons" - well, they are.  And so are you and everyone else on the
planet.  It's our primal urge and there's nothing we can do about it.
Artistically, if it sexualises the model then it also sexualises the
viewer - you can't have one without the other.

Having said all that; you are right that there is a disparity,
although I think it is lessening.  So a question.  If the disparity
disappears but there are still nudes of both sexes being viewed by
both sexes, has the "problem" gone away?