On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 8:57 PM, Glen Berry <g...@glenvision.com> wrote:
> 2) Is it possible to control the camera's aperture and shutter speed
> remotely?

    I've researched a little bit into this and I didn't find any way
to control the camera settings remotely.

> 3) Is it possible to shoot tethered at all?

    Just triggering the shutter is possible either through the
infrared remote, or through a standard cable release.  (The cable
release is compatible with some Nikon, if you want I can search my old
thread on the list about this.)

    Regarding the infrared remote, the receiver is available only in
the front, but the range isn't that good (the range of the remote).
(I once tried to trigger it from 10 meters and failed...)

> 4) It's not a "deal breaker" for me, if the K-30 can't do those first 3
> things, but it would be a huge bonus. If the K-30 can't do those things, is
> there a Pentax DSLR that can?

    The K3 through the Flu-Card (or how it is called) is controllable
from various devices.

    For the other questions unfortunately I have no idea.
    Ciprian.

    P.S.: I think you will not be disappointed by the K-30 (especially
if photography is a hobby and not a profession).  (Moreover I quite
like the angular look.)