Don, It isnt Bloodroot, or Bloodwort --
If the white flower is tiny ( 1 inch in diameter?) and growing close to the ground it is a wide spread common forest flower whose name starts with B But I can't remember more. Iknow it well and have photogrpahed it but I can't locate my field guide at the moment.

sometime in the future maybe it would be possible for one or the other
of those walks - I know that lottery money is coming SOMETIME :-)

abb