I may not understand the question. But it would seem that if you do an
import-from-catalog you will bring in her (changed) files. Or just the changes
to the files. If you don’t want to lose your originals in the process, make a
duplicate first. The re-import will “overwrite" the original but your duplicate
should stay as it was.

stan