Hello PJ Sir, and all other PDMLer Friends who posted, I was recently
in Wallmart, Toronto talking to the Pharmacist, a very knowledgeable
person.
I had fallen short of my BP medication RAMIPRIL 10 mg (famous brand
name Altace) and asked for the cheapest one available. The brand I
bought in Bangalore, India, costed me USD 1.20 for 10 capsules. She
quoted $ 10 for a strip of 10 for a generic brand here in Canada.

Now it is for you folks to decide on the rampant profiteering by drug
companies here in North America. Yes or no could be your personal
choice, but being a global person I have seen the suffering of poor
labourers, daily waged workers and others who just cannot afford
costly medicines.

Almost every drug is cheaper by one-tenth in India, and I note that
India has paved the way for cheaper drugs that the poor of this world
deserves.

Here is an extract on Ramipril from Wikipedia org.:-
"The compound was protected by U.S. Patent 5,061,722 which was
assigned to the German pharmaceutical company Hoechst AG (since merged
into Aventis) on 29 October 1991. The patent was scheduled to expire
on 29 October 2008. On 11 September 2007, in an appeal by the Indian
company Lupin Ltd., the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal
Circuit reversed a district court trial verdict and found that
Aventis's patent on Ramipril was invalid for "obviousness", opening
this drug to generic manufacturers.
Ramipril is marketed in India under the brand names of Cardace,
Zigpril, Ramistar, Zorem, and many others".

Regards.
Bipin.
camp: Thornhill, Toronto.