On 6/16/2014 7:05 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

On Jun 16, 2014, at 11:40 AM, John <sesso...@earthlink.net> wrote:

It was a tough choice between them, not to mention the others I took, but
didn’t post.

Y'all at any risk from that fire? I hope they get it controlled soon and
that it's not near where you live.

What fire?  I just did a quick google search and can’t find any reference to a
local fire.

Heard it on NPR yesterday evening as I was driving home. Large
un-contained fire near Sequoia National Park threatening to spread into
residential areas.

I'm kind of vague about where you live, other than it being in
California & you appear to have Redwood trees in your back yard. And I
wasn't bothered to refresh my memory by looking up Sequoia National Park
on Google Maps.

Google maps says that it’s a 240 mile drive, with the central valley between us.

If I lived back east, there’d probably be two states between us, in Europe,
we’d be in different countries.  :-)

Yes I know 100 years is a long time, vs. 100 miles is a long distance.

I live in Felton, just outside Santa Cruz, about 40 miles south of San Jose and
about 75 south of San Francisco.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Felton,+CA/

Ok, got it. Glad you're not affected. Wish no one else was either.