On 7/22/2014 10:00 PM, Charles Robinson wrote:
I'm going to be taking a trip with the wife to Washington, DC in late
September.

I anticipate that it will be many days of walking and biking around,
and I'm thinking I might want something more comfortable/convenient
than a standard camera bag -- not only because they have just the one
strap so they're always hanging off of a shoulder (or over your
neck), but also think it might be convenient to be able to carry a
windbreaker, or water bottle, or other sundries with me.

I don't picture carrying a LOT of camera gear with me - but I do
anticipate wanting at least one alternate/telephoto lens for the K5
(16-50 is my daily lens) with me, as well as the P&S and other stuff.
NOT a laptop, not a lot of flash gear, not a tripod.

Searching around Amazon, I've come across the Lowepro "Fastpack 200"
(not the newer 250) and it seems like just the ticket.  A bit of
camera gear in the bottom section, and "regular stuff" up top.

It looks like access to the innards of the bag is relatively
straightforward when you need to root around for extra gear (most
backpacks make you take them off and lay them carefully on the ground
before opening them up), and I like the "quick access" for pulling
out the camera/lens combo if you've been walking around with the
camera stowed.

Has anyone here used these, or anything similar to them?  Good? Bad?
Suggestions?

I have the Fastpack 250. It's really tiny.

I think the 200 and the 250 are pretty much the same except that the 250
has the pocket for a laptop. Although looking at both of them on Amazon,
the Fastpack 200 may be even smaller than the 250.