Quoting John <sesso...@earthlink.net>:

On 7/31/2014 3:01 PM, Bob W-PDML wrote:
On 31 Jul 2014, at 19:47, "Attila Boros" <attila.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 8:38 PM, Bob W-PDML <p...@web-options.com> wrote:

I was required to sign up to LinkedIn today in order to find something out about a consultant we'll be working with. In case you're interested, here's my account:

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=359592007&authType=name&authToken=83fg&trk=miniprofile-primary-view-button&_mSplash=1

Wow, you must have thousands of years of experience! <g>

Yes, and I'm the only person on the whole of LinkedIn with one of my skills, so I can charge whatever I want for it!

I must admit, it's quite an old picture and I'm not that young anymore, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who's flattered himself a little on LinkedIn.

Anyway, here's a more recent picture, which I use on my profile at work, so people know who to look for when they want something done:

http://www.britannica.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/129762-004-115a6735.jpg

The LinkedIn page won't display anything except for a join-up/sign-in page. Fuck 'em. I won't.

Presumably Linkedin's theory is that if you want to make use of the service (as in viewing someone's Linkedin profile), you need to sign up.

Probably not an unreasonable business approach - but I agree with your last sentence, regardless...

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters