On 04/09/2014 3:57 AM, Steve Cottrell wrote:
On 4/9/14, Bill, discombobulated, unleashed:

For the purist, this is a complete fail as it has absolutely no Pentax
content.

http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrphoto/pictures/newtoy.html

Very cool. I did think about investing into this sort of thing but to do
it professionally in the UK involves some cost in terms of time and
admin, not to mention the quali needed to clear our air authority's
demands. I have a freelance colleague who has done it and he does enjoy
it but I decided against for various reasons. I'm only doing another 3
or 4 years before I pack it all in, and I've invested into satellite ops
for newsgathering so am gonna stick with that.

I have a friend who flies one commercially and he has to file a flight plan with Transport Canada before every flight. My intention is to be an amateur and not have to deal with the government.

Is that a 2 or a 3 gimballed mount? I'm considering a 3 gimbal for my
gopro, handheld.

It's a three axis and maintains the camera very steadily.

Looks great though and please do post some shots - moving and still?

Well, since you asked, go to youtube and search for themillionthbill. Don't expect anything interesting though. I've transferred my inability to do photography to video.

bill