On 10/09/2014 10:50 AM, Collin Brendemuehl wrote:
When we were in Philly I saw far more mirrorless than DSLRs in use.
After getting home I was chatting with a local store owner who found that
odd since mirrorless sales are only a fraction of the market.  Maybe they
were all in one place at one time?
Then last weekend we were in Wisconsin and Illinois.  (Fresh curds ... yum.)
Had a good conversation with a pro who shoots for stock.
He uses (another brand) DSLR for action and a Sony mirrorless for general
use.  He likes the size/weight for carrying around, and the good lenses
don't hurt.

So I wonder ... is it just the form/shape that chases people away from these
cameras?

Pick up a Fuji X-T1 and use it for a couple of hours, and then try to go back to any full sized DSLR. Even the Pentaxes, which are relatively small by the standards of today feel oversized, overweight and kludgy by comparison. The electronic viewfinders are not quite there yet, but I'm finding the Fuji has become my go to camera for almost everything in spite of that.

bill