On 11/09/2014 10:15 AM, Paul Stenquist wrote:

On Sep 11, 2014, at 11:56 AM, P.J. Alling
<webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 9/11/2014 3:19 AM, Larry Colen wrote:

John Francis wrote:
On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 10:07:13AM +1000, Philip Northeast
wrote:
A real Mini Cooper on teh race track

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27281712@N08/15016470680/

Well, mostly on the track, anyway :-)

I don't think the gratuitous insult was called for, though.
I've driven both the original and the new Mini (including
getting an old Mini with less wheels in contact with the
pavement than the one you depict here), and I know which I
think is the better car.

My first car was an Austin America aka Austin 1300, mechanically
nearly identical to the Mini Cooper S. The sesquiminis may be a
better car in the way that only 50 years of technological
progress can improve a car, however when you compare them to
"real minis" they might as well be BMWs.

Which is only because they are BMWs.

And a much better car if one measures automotive virtue in terms of
handling, practicality, performance and all the other standards....

One would hope so, wouldn't one?
But this has nothing to do with the topic, does it?

bill