Buying Pentax is an informed decision, you need to know what you are
doing. People who don't know what camera to buy, will end up with
Nikon or Canon as a "safe bet", because that's what everyone else is
using. I've met people with mid-range DSLRs who didn't even heard
about Pentax.

On the other hand, I really can't complain about the K3.