I feel your pain and in that regard a while back I bought a Nikon Coolpix 7100 - A great, small, compact digital with an optical viewfinder. I still haven't convinced myself to use it in place of my Pentax SLR.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bruce" <bkday...@daytonphoto.com>
Subject: Equipment Changes

I thought it about time to update you all on my equipment/shooting changes. The following changes in my life have caused me to alter my photography somewhat:
  1) Due to aging - near vision causing me to need reading glasses
2) Last child finishing up soccer - changing my need/desire to shoot sports on large fields 3) 2nd daughter becoming an accomplished portrait/wedding photographer and needing better equipment 4) My desire to have lightweight, small walk-around camera to keep with me most of the time.

To that end, I have done the following:
My daughter has been given my fairly new K-5iis and DA* 16-50 and DA* 50-135 I have purchased an Olympus OM-D E-M10 with small kit lens and small telezoom. Along with that I got an adapter for my remaining Pentax lenses of which I think the M 50/1.4, Tamron 90/2.8 macro and A 70-210/4 will see some use. I still have a K10D and a well used K-5 at my disposal with some lenses that can be used but don't anticipate much use from them at this point.

I am happy with the Olympus - the articulating screen allows me to shoot at waist level with my reading glasses on and the viewfinder fits nicely above the glasses when shooting that way. The size is great and the results are plenty good for what I am doing at this time.

--
Bruce