Remarkable captures, both of them!

On 9/10/2015 10:35 AM, Darren Addy wrote:
Got off work yesterday to find central Nebraska to be in quite the
supercell environment and had a fun little local chase until about an
hour after sundown. Here are two images from the outing. Both were
taken from essentially the same spot.

I parked my car at a rest area on eastbound Interstate 80 south of
Grand Island, NE and ran across the 4 lanes of traffic to get some
powerlines out of my shot. Then I found myself too low and the 9-foot
tall cornfield was obscuring my view of the bottom of the storm.
Fortunately, there was an old thick tangled wild grapevine that had
grown around the barb wire fence and fence post that was sturdy enough
for me to stand on that got me high enough to shoot over the tops of
the corn. This is looking almost due north. I opted for a B&W
rendering of that shot:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelsmithy/20664233023/in/dateposted-public/

Returning to my car I saw another cell to the west that was nearly
scraping the ground and was backlit by the setting sun. I ran down the
median towards it to get some artificial lights, from the rest area to
my left, out of the frame. I had to work fast because this whole storm
system was moving rapidly to the southeast.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelsmithy/21098836120/in/dateposted-public/

These were just two of the supercells that were scattered all over
central Nebraska that evening and some produced damaging hail. I
haven't seen it yet, but I'm told that my daughter's car, a newish
little Toyota in Kearney, was totaled by the hail there.

Today is going to have severe storms nearby again, but this time