Of course we have the same parliamentary system here in Canada. I didn't see
Justin Trudeau's name anywhere on the ballot the other day. We vote for the
local representative and whichever party has the most seats "chooses" the Prime
Minister.

I can see benefits and deficits in each of the parliamentary and the Republican
systems. Ours mostly works well - for us anyway.

Cheers,

frank