No defense needed. My comments were musings not critique. I am a photo tinkerer and I do have trouble finishing with a photo and letting it go. Thanks for the reasoned discussion. I love talking about all things photographic .

On 10/21/15 6:39 PM, pdml-requ...@pdml.net wrote:
Message: 2
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 14:42:48 -0400
From: "Ken Waller"<kwal...@peoplepc.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List"<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: PESO - 'Bunchberry'

Thanks for your comments/observations Donald.

I've come from a background of almost exclusively slides and mostly never
see the image in B+W and therefore don't convert my color digital captures
to B+W, although I can visualize this one in B+W. I would still favor the
color version.

This image could obviously have been more closely cropped but I don't see
the advantage in that - I would have had to cut off some of the white buds.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm not trying to defend the image, just
providing thoughts as to why it is as it is.

Kenneth Waller