Yup...me, too

-p

On 11/7/2015 8:18 AM, ann sanfedele wrote:
agree with Rick :-)

ann

On 11/7/2015 9:13 AM, Rick Womer wrote:
Much better!

Rick
http://photo.net/photos/RickW

On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 1:16 AM, P.J. Alling
<webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
The sky isn't really blown out, it's an artifact of the Tri-X presets in
Filmpack 3 more than anything, else.

To really do justice to the sky I'd need to do a pseudo HDR, creating
three
different images one optimized for the sky, (highlights), one for the
deep
shadows, and one for the mid tones then blend them together, and I'm
just
feeling too lazy right now.

The K-5II has about 13 stops of dynamic range, but Tri-X appears to have
have about 10 as far as DXO is concerned, and to make matters worse the
remaining paint on the cab of the shovel is indeed green.

However I added a curves adjustment layer to bump up the mid tones and a
second to help retain the contrast, then a levels adjustment layer to
lighten the overall image. while maintaining the white and black points.

I also changed the pseudo color filter to yellow, which helped
differentiate
the green cab from the foliage.

The sky is still more posterized than I'd like, but it does look a bit
better.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1604247/PESO/PESO%20--%20dinosaurs2a.html

and the link to the original,

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1604247/PESO/PESO%20--%20dinosaurs2.html