I have an Acer Aspire One netbook with an 8Gig SSD.  Apart from being terribly
slow, the SSD appears to have failed.  Looking around for a replacement, I
discovered the option of using a CF card with a CF/ZIF adaptor.  More space,
less money = happy camper.

However.... after installation of a Sandisc 32Gig 266x and much rude language
due to non-functionality, I discover that the CF card needs to be DMA/UDMA
enabled and that, usually, only "industrial" grade cards provide this.  Said
cards are, of course, only a whisker away, pricewise, from a new SSD.

However.... Transcend advertises CF cards that are "UDMA mode 7".  Having been
bitten by advertising descriptions in the past, I'd like to ask if anyone knows
whether this description really allows the cards to be used as fixed discs?
 Or... is there any way of enabling (U)DMA on the Sandisc?