oy
have you tried actually talking to someone at ebay? -- when I go to "helP" and am patient I eventually get the phone image and call
most of the time I actually do get help

ann

On 1/4/2016 9:39 PM, Bruce Walker wrote:
That's the trouble though, Ann. During checkout with this one seller I
get a message that he has set the requirement that the accounts be
linked, and it cancels the transaction. I cannot purchase from this
guy unless I can link my Paypal with my eBay account.

I have an existing Paypal account; have had since the mid 2000's. I'm
sure it was linked up until eBay and Paypal split up.

And yes the Link With Paypal button is there, but when I use it I get
logged into Paypal, it tells me that the process is almost complete
and to click another button to go back to eBay, then nothing happens.
Not linked.