> On 07 January 2016 at 07:11 Alan C <c...@lantic.net> wrote:
>

> Very smart. I'll bet it's quite crowded at peak times. I see the England
> cricket sponsor is well represented! Surely it wasn't as depressed as you
> suggest as recently as 1980?

You would be surprised how dreary civic architecture was at the end of the last
century.  Take away the bright lights of the current situation and it's equally
depressing. Maybe more so, as at least the concrete massifs resisted demolition
somewhat.  This new stuff falls over in a good storm.

 Even worse, that could be a picture of virtually any British town centre -
there is nothing whatsoever to distinguish it from Liverpool, Cardiff or
Aberdeen.