It should work with the PZ-1p I think. I have one of those with
batteries. I've got film in the fridge.

Send me the lens & I'll let you know if it vignettes.

On 3/14/2016 4:50 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

John wrote:
On 3/13/2016 4:38 PM, steve harley wrote:
On 2016-03-12 11:52 , John wrote:
You wouldn't see it unless the lens was stopped down. Maybe not even
then if it gets too dark in the viewfinder.

that's the opposite notion from what i've seen expressed — that stopping
down reduces or eliminates vignetting

Larry said he put the lens on a film body and looked through the
viewfinder and didn't *SEE* vignetting.

What you can *SEE* through the viewfinder might not give you a usable
answer.

You could use the DOF preview function to stop the lens down to it's
taking aperture, but just looking through the viewfinder it might be too
dark to see clearly whether or not it's vignetting. And it might not
show 100% of the frame.

The only way to know for sure is to make a photograph, which Larry could
have done while the had the lens mounted on that film body.

Yes, I could have. That would have meant finding a film body that would
work with the DA35, finding batteries for it, hoping it works properly
digging out a roll of film (or going out and buying one), then taking a
bunch of photos, several of which would have to be of something along
the lines of a flat white wall, completely uninteresting
photographically, and then taking the film down to be processed (much
cheaper and easier than setting my own darkroom back up), and waiting
for the photos to be processed and returned. All in all, a process that
would take at least $20 and a several hours of my time.

Which, if it was critical for me to know before a K-1 is delivered, I
*could* do.  On the other hand, I could find out if someone who does
currently shoot film on Pentax bodies had already performed the
experiment.  In any case, it was just idle curiosity.  When I do have a
K-1, I will experiment, I will also experiment to see how well lightroom
can correct for the vignetting in post processing.

Thinking about this process does make me realize that if I want to shoot
35mm film, it's unlikely that I'd use one of the Pentax film bodies that
I've acquired along with lenses on craigslist. I miss shooting with my
SRT-101 far more than I miss shooting film. It is an old friend that ten
years since I last ran a roll of film through it, I can still use
without needing to concentrate on the mechanics, because after using it
for thirty years, it is almost like an extension of my own body.

This is why, when I did buy the Nikon gear that I always wanted as a
kid, I went back to shooting with the Minolta. Everything was backward
on the Nikon, and at the time it didn't give me enough benefit to make
up for the cognitive dissonance.