My 18-250 returned home from Tamron repair. Three days turnaround at the shop, three days shipping.

They did a CLA, repaired any broken pieces, and returned it in much better shape than it was even before I busted the UV filter. All of the wobble when the barrel is extended is gone, it is tight but not sticky, and seems to work just fine. $176 is their base rate to the West Coast.

If they made a weatherproof version of this lens, it would be just about the perfect daytime/outdoors walkabout lens. It's surprisingly sharp, isn't too large and it covers the vast majority of focal lengths you need.

I do find it amusing that my two APS only lenses are the two that needed repair just before the K-1 is released.