From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Larry Colen
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2016 5:39 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss List <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: On the subject of Infrared

Back when I had a working IR K-5, I bought a large sheet of plastic IR
filter, about 1/8" thick to make filters for speedlights and studio flashes
so that they would only transmit in IR.  It was much cheaper than buying the
3" squares of gel from B&H.  If anybody needs some, in order to have an IR
only light source, let me know.

If I were to do something like convert on of my old bodies to IR (or full
spectrum), who is doing a good, reasonably priced, job on Pentax DSLRs these
days?

My preference for an IR body would be to have the body be full spectrum, and
if I need IR only, or visible only, just put a filter in front of the lens.
With live view, IR only is much less of an issue. I had some difficulty
finding IR block filters. Does anyone have specific recommendations for
such?

follow the directions.