On 6/28/2016 1:18 PM, Scott Loveless wrote:
On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Mark Roberts
<postmas...@robertstech.com> wrote:
Bill wrote:
We tried, not sure if we succeeded. Those damned Romans really tried to
bugger things.
What have the Romans ever done for us?
Brought peace?

They were very efficient at it. If you opposed their will, or threatened trade they just sent in troops to kill everyone who didn't listen to reason. Of course what the Romans considered reason might not seem to reasonable to those concerned. The amazing thing is the Romans had no real weapons of wholesale killing, and they had to do it retail.

immortality through not dying.
-- Woody Allen