I've be seriously disappointed by Adoramapix today.
And there might be some useful information (a warning) for anybody who considers using them.

Well, let me tell the entire story.
In the era of film, I've used to print at Adorama store in person, while living in NYC, and I had my favorite master that I was asking to print my photos, even if that would take an extra day because it wasn't his day.
The way Michael was doing colors was what I wanted.

Then after moving away from NYC, I've used Adoramapix a few times to order photos via mail to some relatives on the East cost, and some photos for myself. Fast-forward some 8-10 years. A few months ago, Adoramapix started sending their spam (aka UCE) to the address used for my account with them. That's after more than 8 years of no relations. (This IS a violation of the existing, albeit miserably failed anti-spam laws. But this message is not about that.) Just before July 1, I've got an e-mail from them with a special code for 100 free 4x6 photos.

I actually needed to print something. So, I ordered them. Of course, the shipping is not free, and the faster you want them shipped things quicly pick up quite some price (that's apart from the "rush processing" if you want to have them printed within less then a week).

I've sent photos with the embedded Adober RGB (And a few with PhotoRGB) color profiles. At the last moment, I've written in the comments that
is am embedded color profile in each photo (PhotoRGB or AdobeRGB).
A week later (when I am thinking that my order is hopefully already put in the mail), I am getting an e-mail message (in between 4 identical Adorama+AdoramaPix spam messages "Adorama + Nigel Barker | Will You Be Our Top Photographer?"):

" I hope you understand that our lab only prints correctly images that are converted to SRGB only. We do not print any other color profiles."
Virginia C. CS Agent

Doh! The can only work with SRGB?!
They, who do not think twice before throwing in the word "professional" near "photography" and "printing"?!

And it took them a week to read that and to respond, and to suggest no options, nothing...

Caveat Emptor!

I just looked: Adoramapix got awful rating on ResellerRatings:
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Adorama_Pix

I know, I suggested AdoramaPix as a printing shop few times to PDMLers.
My sincere apologies!

Igor